In Home Services
updated Mar 05 '06
updated Mar 20, '05
updated Jan 18, '05
Tips & Tricks
updated Dec 30, '04
Graphics & UI
One of the best ways to get help with questions about your Mac is to
subscribe to appropriate Mailing
Lists. Most are moderated and therefore are kept focused
and the membership is kept private.
One of the best sources of well moderated and valuable Mac lists is Low
End Mac. There are lists for topics ranging from general discussion
to Vintage Macs to iMacs. A new source is MacLaunch
which where Low End Mac has moved all it's lists to.
Another source of mailing lists is Topica.
Topica is a list server and they have an evergrowing number of lists on
most topics. A couple of the Mac lists I subscribe to have moved there.
They have 20 or so Mac specific lists and the site is searchable.
- Find tutorials and articles to help you
- Good set of tutorials on troubleshooting
To Troubleshoot Crashes an...
- How to use Profiler and Extension Manager
System Errors - Adobe
- A quick description of how to troubleshoot your Mac
- How to Troubleshoot
- A good tutorial on how to troubleshoot
- Info on using Disk Utilities
TIL - error codes
- InformINIT -- the
Original and still the Best
- What are all those extensions for
- TOAST.net Internet Service
- You can test how fast your internet connection really is
- Can't figure it out, email someone who can help
- Forums about most any software/hardware problems
- VersionTracker - Mac
- First be sure you have the proper updates for your system and
- e-mail help on about any subject
- Email Mac volunteers with your questions
on Mac Support - Welcome from The Mining Co.
- Email Mac Experts, also some great troubleshooting articles
- 877MacTank: Love your Mac?
Hey, we do too.
- $25.00 per call
- Low End Mac
- Email Mac experts, especially older machines
Maintenance and Set up
- Find ways to prevent trouble
- Good set of tutorials for maintenance
- A disscussion on the value of Tech Tool and Norton Speed Disk.
a Hard Drive
Drive Partitioning, Part(ition) 1.
Drive Partitioning, Part(ition) 2
- Good article on partitioning your hard drive